Last Updated: March 1st, 2015
2. Collection of Information.
The Types of Information We Collect
We may collect personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) and non-personally identifiable information (“Non-Personal Information”) from you.
This policy is primarily concerned with Personal Information. Personal Information is information that can be used to identify or locate a particular person or entity. This includes, but is not limited to: name, address, telephone number, email, date of birth and, if applicable, billing information.
Non-Personal Information cannot, by itself, be used to identify a particular person or entity and includes any aggregate information and/or usage information relating to the Service or Site that we have gathered, as long as Personal Information has been removed from it. This policy does not restrict our use of Non-Personal Information and you agree that we may use or transfer any Non-Personal Information that we collect from you or based on your usage, at our discretion.
However, if we combine your Non-Personal Information with Personal Information that we collect about you, we will treat the combined information as your Personal Information.
Information You Provide To Us
We are not responsible for verifying the accuracy of any information that you provide or post.
Information We Automatically Collect
As you use our Service or Site (or access emails we send to you) we may use technologies that automatically collect information about your usage, including but not limited to: data about your mobile device (such as your device-type, software and language preference) or desktop interface and IP address, your channel viewing information and interests, and your movement through our properties and on to external links, as well as your location. Collectively, this information is referred to as “Analytics Information.” We may create a unique device or user ID for you so we can recognize you.
Some tools that we may use to collect Analytics Information include:
· Cookies. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your computer or mobile device.
· Tags/Pixels/Beacons. These terms are generally used to describe small blocks of code on webpages that do things like allow another server to measure viewing of a webpage.
· Location: We can normally automatically detect your location data via your phone. However, your operating system may require you to grant us permission to access your GPS. If you do not permit this access, you may not be able to use the Service.
· Other. We may use technology available on your device, technology similar to cookies and pixels and technology that is later developed, all for similar purposes.
Information We May Automatically Collect via Third Parties.
We sometimes use third party services to help us track activity and user flows within our properties, using similar tools to the ones we described (see Information We Automatically Collect). Such tracking would track an individual user’s movements but the data would not be tracked in a personally identifiable way and would be treated as Analytics Information (below).
We may work with advertisers and others whose products are promoted on our properties that may also use similar technologies. In those cases, we advise you to check their privacy policies. To learn more about behavioral advertising or to opt-out of some types of behavioral advertising for participating ad networks, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative ( ) or the Digital Advertising Alliance ( ).
Information We Receive From Third Parties.
There are instances where we may receive information from third parties.
3. Use of Information. We use the information we collect in the following ways:
Registration and Service Usage Information
All information you send or post to areas of our properties (if any) that are public or semi-public (such as message boards) becomes public information that will not be treated as Personal Information. So please be careful about posting any Personal Information to such areas.
If we offer premium products, we will use your Billing Information solely to check the financial qualifications of prospective customers and to collect payment for premium services or products.
Surveys, Contests and Sweepstakes
Any Personally Information will be used only by us unless we specify otherwise when we ask you to participate. However, we may share aggregate survey or contest result information with others. We will use the information you provide to conduct the contests or sweepstakes and for any other purposes to which you consent. If we offer contests or sweepstakes with our partners, we may notify you that we will share the information we obtain from you with them and will give you the opportunity to choose whether or not to participate.
We may use your Analytics Information in conjunction with an analytics service such as Google Analytics to monitor and analyze use of the Service or Site, for technical administration, to improve functionality and security to personalize the Service and improve your experience, and for internal analysis or for shared analysis with our partners.
Information We Receive From Third Parties
5. Exceptions. The following are the ONLY exceptions, with respect to whom we may share your information with:
You should also be aware that courts of equity, such as U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, may have the authority under certain circumstances to permit your information to be shared or transferred to third parties without your permission.
6. Security. The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, protect your devices and never give out your password.
8. Third Party Widgets and Links. We may display links to other sites and we may provide tools and widgets from other sites and services. We are not responsible for those other sites and services, their privacy policies or how they treat information about their users. We advise you to check their privacy policies to find out how they are treating your personal information.
11. Access. You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
12. Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident and you decide that you do not want us to share your personal information with third party companies for their marketing and promotional purposes, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In this e-mail, state that you do not want Tunity to share your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes. Your request will be processed within thirty (30) days of the date of which we receive it.
13. No Access to Children Under 13. If you are under the age of 13 you may not use our apps or websites in any way. We don't knowingly collect data from anyone under the age of 13 and we do not direct any of our products or services at this age group. If we become aware that we have inadvertently captured any personal data about a person who is under 13 years of age, then we will take the appropriate steps to shut down the account of that person.
14. Contact Us. You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of email address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or by writing to us at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
19 W 21st st. (suite 402)
New York, NY 10010
If you have a complaint concerning our compliance with applicable privacy laws, we will investigate your complaint and if it is justified, we will take appropriate measures.